Total Pageviews

Monday 19 January 2015

HEY YOU! BITTER ABOUT LITTER

Just back from a long walk this morning and, once again, I'm apoplectic about litter. So, I've no qualms about repeating this.......



BITTER ABOUT LITTER


A while ago, I wrote this poem about litter:

Hey you,
Yes you,
You who tossed away
The carrier bag,
The cigarette end,
The leaflet,
The receipt,
The free newspaper,
The can,
The bottle,
The sausage roll wrapper,
Pick up your litter, scruff,
Or I’ll flush you
down the crapper.

I'm just back from a walk in a beautiful country park and I took a note of these items, discarded along the way:

crisp packet,
Aero chocolate wrapper
plastic water bottle
Coca-Cola bottle
coffee cup
leaflet
another Coca-Cola bottle
tissues
Polo mint wrapper
water bottle label
another water bottle label
yet another water bottle label
handkerchief
train ticket
J-cloth
receipt
chewing gun wrapper
plastic carrier bag
plastic bread bag
cellophane salad bag
chocolate eclair sweet wrapper

I refer you to the last three lines of the poem above.

No comments:

Post a Comment