Total Pageviews

Saturday 4 July 2015

LETTER FROM STEPHEN BOYD'S WIFE, ELIZABETH

Stephen Boyd 4 July 1931 - 2 June 1977



When I began researching the life and work of Stephen Boyd in the early 1980s, I wrote to Elizabeth Boyd, Stephen’s wife and she sent this reply on 14 May 1984, from Tarzana, California: 


I do not feel any reason why you should not continue with your research for a proposed biography of my most beloved and talented husband Stephen Boyd.  I would, however, ask for your assurance that it will be done truthfully, in good taste and with the dignity he deserved.  I do not go along with the too often “dirty laundry sensationalism” literature that the bookshelves seem to be filled with
these days.  
We were two very private people, devoted to each other and lived our lives very quietly away from the Hollywood scene.  I am still devastated and unreconciled that he was taken so suddenly, and it is very difficult not to keep asking “Why?”  He was so very special, and had so much talent left to give this troubled world.”  

Hopefully whatever I have written and said since has been honourable to both of them.

RIP Stephen Boyd.
RIP Elizabeth Boyd.

No comments:

Post a Comment