Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 November 2015

EYE TEST

He photographed each eye which I saw later resembled red planets
and tested my peripheral vision with appearing and disappearing green dots,
before puffing air into the sockets, writing notes as he went, reassuring me
that all looked well, “no problems so far”, “nothing to worry about here”.

Then it was contraptions and chunky frames with differing lens strengths,
letters, numbers, colours, clusters of black dots projected onto a wall,
left eye covered over, right eye covered over, clear, blurred, in focus, out of focus,
bright lights, look up, look down, look left, look right, sit back, blink, relax.

He brought the red planets up on the screen and explained the light areas,
the shade, the veins that looked like rivers, the landscape of my eyes
looking stark, these instruments of vision as old as me red hot and staring
at the world as it passes by but sometimes unable to see beyond my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment