Total Pageviews

Tuesday 23 May 2017

NEW MUSIC - PERPETUAL MOTION BY KARRIE





















Perpetual Motion
by Karrie

Track Listing:

1 This Time
2 Trying To Be Honest
3 Magpied
4 Perpetual Motion
5 Movie Show
6 Bad Habits
7 Wicker Chair
8 No Love In Greed
9 Two ‘A Me
10 Disbelief
11 Hula
12 To Lost Opportunities


The older I get, the more picky I am about music. In fact, sometimes I am hard-pressed to listen to a whole CD, and I include albums made by so-called legends. After a couple of tracks, I find myself giving up and in a lot of cases I never play the CD again. Is it me or is it them? I don’t know. Alternatively, I have records that are very dear to my heart and, like old movies, I return to them again and again. But away from the listener/viewer comfort blanket, I yearn for new material, something special, something refreshing, something that just stands out for all the right reasons.

And, bingo! Here is a wondrous example that blew me away. I listened to it twice in the past few days and for a third time this morning, and not once on any of those occasions did I feel any urge to skip tracks or quit. Rather like a good book that has you turning the pages to see what’s next, each song whets the appetite for more.

It is a mellow record for the most part and there is nothing wrong with that. It is like an audio spa day, calming, relaxing and soothing, with the added bonus of clever lyrics that do not always rely on obvious patterns.

Karrie O'Sullivan wrote all the songs and what a collection of superb songs they are. The brilliant opening track, This Time, sets much of the tone, opening a door to tracks infused with a little folk here, some cool jazz effects there, easy listening at its most sublime, but always carried (Karried?) by confident singing performances, exquisite harmonies, expert musicianship, outstanding arrangements and exemplary production.

It should be very easy to sample and buy Perpetual Motion. I urge you to seek it out. It will not let you down.

This is a beautiful record and, from Mr Picky here, I can’t see how it could be any more perfect.

Here are links to some YouTube performances:




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-fbci9qvP4


This blog post has been shared on Google+, Digg, Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment