Total Pageviews

Wednesday 3 May 2017

TODAY WE HAVE NAMING OF POEMS......

I like reading poetry and sometimes I understand it. I like attempting to write poems. Some are not very good, a few are okay. It's the process of playing with words and phrases and deciding when to rhyme or not that I enjoy. If a half-decent poem emerges, great!

Amongst other projects, I have been reading a lot of brief biographies and obituaries of a wide variety of people, some famous, some infamous and some not famous at all. As I read, I am looking for a hook, an incident, a quirk, a quotation or whatever and when I find a way in I just let my imagination loose.

The poems in this project are approximately 10 lines but if the flow is good I will not be restricted.

To give you a flavour of what might become a pamphlet (or a hell of a fantasy dinner party), here's the collection so far:

Frank Sinatra
Tammy Wynette
William S. Burroughs
Barbara Castle
Idi Amin
Francis Bacon
Oliver Hardy
Rosa Parks
Harry Patch
Thomas Millar
Burt Lancaster
Roald Dahl
Geronimo
Katy Jurado

I needed a minimum of a dozen but I'll re-read, tweak, etc until I think they are decent enough to submit.

I'm not ready to share them yet, but soon.

Fun with ideas. Fun with words!





No comments:

Post a Comment